Self care sounds like a luxury but it isn't.
It reminds me of when you are on a plane and the flight attendant tells you to put on your oxygen mask before you help someone else put on theirs.
You cannot take care of your loved ones if you don't take the time to take care of yourself first.
I cannot honestly say that self care has always been on my priority list. Sometimes even when it has been it has fallen off of it.
There is always something else that needs to be done but self care is just as important as those other things.
Set aside 5 to 7 minutes to do something to help you relax or something that you enjoy.
Here is my Self Care Routine for most days:
1. I choose what essential oils to put in the diffuser in the morning. What those essential oils are depend on whether I want to feel relaxed, energized, uplifted or a combination of all three.
2. I do some stretching. Some are yoga poses. Some are other stretches.
3. I always try to fit some form of exercise into my day. I'm not talking about going to the gym to workout for hours but fitting exercise into my daily activities. For example, I walk to work most days after I get off the bus.
4. After work, I journal about the day and I list things that I am grateful for from that day.
5. After journaling, I apply some essential oils like Balance, Petitgrain or ones from the Yoga Collection and meditate for 5-7 minutes.
6. A few hours after dinner I lay on my Spoonk Acupressure Massage mat for 30-45 minutes. (I am not affiliated with them. I just like their mat.) It is a nice way to relax before going to bed.
Do you have a daily self care routine? Is so, what is it?
If not, what stops you from starting one?
I am a health coach. A health coach is a person who uses a mind, body & spirit approach to improves a person's health.